Five Elements Thailand Yoga Retreat
Mala Dhara Yoga Retreat Center
Start: 2:00 PM - November 9, 2019
End: 12:00 PM - November 16, 2019
Five Elements Thailand Yoga Retreat
November 9 – 16 , 2019
“Realign with the Rhythms of Nature and Reveal your Radiance”
The Five Elements Yoga Retreat is a time to re-connect with the very essence of your being. You will learn about the Elements that make up our bodies and minds, through the lens of Yoga and Ayurveda: Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space. When we tap into the wisdom of the Elements, and understand their physical qualities, energetic properties and biological functions, we gain greater insight into the inner workings of ourselves, others, and the world we live in.
In this retreat, you will learn how to identify when an Element is out of balance, and how to come back into optimal alignment, so you can thrive in your life.
We’ll have a discussion on each Element, and then weave the Elemental qualities into practice. There will be journal questions and small group activities to further enhance your integration of the wisdom of working with the model of the Five Elements.
You’ll learn practices to:
- Root yourself into your body and into the present moment when you’re feeling
distracted or anxious.
- Connect with your emotional landscape, skillfully relating with challenging feelings.
- Ignite and maintain your inner fire of creativity and transformation.
- Build and move your vital energy to support your nervous system.
- Create spaciousness in your body and mind, allowing for a freer expression of your innate potentials.
These simple, yet transformative techniques will remain in your toolkit long after your retreat, providing you with a life-long companion on your journey of self-exploration and growth.
We’ll also have lots of Thailand Adventuring! We’ll have a whole day of visiting an Elephant Sanctuary, where rescued elephants get to live in their natural habitat. We’ll participate in the Loi Krathong and Yi Peng festivities (the biggest annual festivals in Thailand). There will be a day trip to Chiang Mai to explore temples and shops, and so much more!
Join us for an adventure of a lifetime! You’ll be taken care of every step of the way.
Your Yoga Retreat Includes:
• 7 days and 7 nights
• Eco Villa shared with one or two beds (depending on lodging), optional private Adobe Bungalow
• 2 Daily Yoga Practices including pranayama & meditation
• 3 Delicious Organic buffet Meals: vegan or vegetarian. Gluten free and other dietary accommodations available
• Day trip to Chiang Mai to Explore Temples and Shops
• Evening trip to Chiang Mai for Loi Krathong and Yi Peng Celebrations
• Day Trip to an Elephant Sanctuary
• Group Herbal Steam and Fire Circle
• Salt Water Pool
• Plenty of free time
• Transport from airport or City Center to Retreat Center and back
6:30-7:30: Tea, Coffee and fresh fruit for our early risers
7:30-9am: Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
10am-1pm: Free Time
2-3:30pm: Free Time
3:30-4pm: Element Discussion
4-5:30pm: Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
5:30-6pm: Partner Activity
7:30pm on: Free Time
* One afternoon we will be exploring Chiang Mai, and lunch will not be provided on that day. One evening we will be taking a trip to Chiang Mai for the Loi Krathong and Yi Peng Celebrations, and dinner will not be provided, nor will we have an evening yoga practice. One day we’ll take a trip to an Elephant Sanctuary and love on the elephants and will not have a morning yoga practice.
Arrival and Departure:
Plan to arrive to Chiang Mai by 11am on November 9th. Transport from the Airport or City Center to Mala Dhara will begin at 1pm. Check in at Mala Dhara begins at 2pm, with our first practice beginning at 4pm.
We will check out by noon on the 16th, with our closing circle ending at 10am. Transportation back to Chiang Mai will begin at 11am.
The total cost (not including air fare) is $1,400 – $1,500 per person. A valid passport is required. A non-refundable $500 deposit secures your space in the retreat. The full amount is due by June 1st, 2019, if paid after June 1st, the total cost is $1,600.
For more details, or to set up a payment plan, please contact us at [email protected]
90 days or more prior to the retreat: Your entire payment will be refunded less the $500 non- refundable deposit, plus a $50 administrative fee. 89-60 days prior to the retreat: Less your $500 non-refundable deposit, your remaining balance may be applied to a future retreat within 2 years. Less than 60 days prior to the retreat: Our apologies, but no refunds are granted.
Yoga Teacher – Nutritionist – Wellness Guide
Yoga entered Emily’s life in 2001, after growing up in the world of classical and contemporary dance, countless hours at the gym, and a steady sprint of perfectionism. She left the dance world and was looking for another outlet to keep her body strong. At the end of one of her first yoga classes, tears streamed down her cheeks and she knew instantly that yoga was so much more than she had anticipated. She had found a healing balm, a warm and supportive container or growth, and the teachings that would help her transform the tremendous pain and trauma of her younger years, into embodied wisdom. She knew early on that she wanted to share this practice. 10 years after her introduction to yoga, she had completed her first teacher training, traveled to India, met her first yoga therapy teacher, Swami Tureyananda, and studied under his close guidance for two months in the mountains of Kodaikanal. After leaving India, she found her way to Portland, Oregon, and four years later, graduated from a yoga therapy program with Sarahjoy Marsh, earning her ERYT-500 hr. certification through Yoga Alliance, as well as her C-IAYT through the International Association of Yoga Therapists. She weaves practical application of yoga philosophy, into movement, breath and mindfulness, encouraging a dynamic exploration into one’s true nature. Her teaching is informed by neuroscience and Ayurveda, and her intention is to create a safe and nurturing place for students to learn about themselves, connect, heal and thrive.